Access Statement for Langcliffe Caravan Park
Langcliffe Park is located just outside the town of Settle. The park is 13 acres. We strive to ensure that all our visitors can enjoy the accommodation, facilities and surroundings within the park. Our aim is to help you in any way that we can to enjoy your stay. We would be delighted to assist with you during your stay or while planning your visit should you require so. Our current services and facilities offered are:
- We cater for touring caravans, motorhomes and have privately owned static caravans and timber lodges.
- We can post a copy of this access statement if required.
- Our nearest town, Settle is located 1 mile away. Settle has a train centre and is on a bus route.
- The local taxi firm accommodates wheel chairs and guide dogs. Tel 01729 822219.
- The barrier at the entrance to the park will lift automatically between the hours of 8am and 9pm.
- Reception has a gravel car park to the front.
- On registration guests will be given a barrier fob which allows access to the park after 9pm when the barrier is down and is also used to access the toilet & shower block.
- Once registered guests will be shown on a map where to go.
- All facilities are clearly signposted with signs at each junction point.
- Access to Reception is directly across the road from the car park.
- Reception has 2 steps up to the entrance.
- The door is 1.07m wide and requires opening by hand.
- Wheelchair users may find it difficult to get into reception, however staff will be pleased to assist you from the door.
- The counter is 1.19m high, but we also have a coffee table and chairs to use.
- The opening time of reception is displayed on the door along with 24 hour contact details.
- Tarmac roads service the park as far as reception. From reception onwards the roads are a mixture of tarmac and well maintained gravel.
- The park is situated in the Yorkshire Dales. The park comprises of 5 distinct sections. The 2 static areas, the timber lodge area and two separate fields dedicated to touring caravans and motorhomes.
- The touring field is partly situated on a hill. Other areas are predominately flat.
- There are picnic benches provided on the touring areas.
The park has 1 toilet block. This is situated in between The Meadow and The Croft
The toilet block provides level entry shower and toilet facilities. It has a large basin area and baby changing facilities.
Within the toilet block there is a separate washing up area.
There is room for parking directly outside the toilet block.
- 4 Accessible parking bays (4 meters wide with access to rear) opposite the laundry entrance.
- There is one step up into Laundry Area
- Level access throughout.
- There are two front loading washing machines.
- There are two front loading dryers.
- Tokens for both the washer and dryer are available at reception.
- The iron and board is available from a standing position.
- Hand wash sink is 0.91m high.
- There is clothes hooks and seating.
- The nearest shops are 1 mile away in Settle.
- Not available
- Not available
- There is 1 children’s play area. This is located in the meadow which is situated on top of a slope.
- The surface under the play area is a mixture of rubber and bark. The surrounding area is grass.
- Seating is provided around the area.
All static caravans and timber lodges are privately owned and are not available for rent.
Parking for touring caravans is next to the caravan.
- The touring caravan pitches are on level gravel pitches. Parking is available in front of your caravan, with awning area to the side on the grass.
- Deluxe pitches are available. These have a larger pitch space with electricity, fresh water and grey water drain.
- Assistance in pitching on arrival is offered.
- There are numerous water points, chemical toilet disposal points, dustbin and recycling areas, and fire points on the park.
- Pitches are allocated on booking and staff are happy to advise on the location and suitability for your requirements on enquiry.
- There are a large number of local attraction in the area. Details can be found on our website www.langcliffe.com and on the large information stand in reception. Staff have a vast knowledge of the local area and will be delighted to assist.
- The park is medium sized and spacious. We try to be sympathetic to the local surroundings.
- The grounds are well maintained.
- Although dogs are welcome on the park they must be kept on a lead (maximum 2 dogs per pitch). We also have a dedicated dog walking area.
- We are involved in the Bellamy environmental scheme.
Although we have tried to be as accurate as possible and include as much detail as we can in this statement, we are willing to give information on any aspect of the park. If this statement does not answer your particular question please let us know and we will endeavour to answer your question and amend this statement for future use.
There is a bus and train service located in Settle which is 1 mile from the park.
Local taxis service the park on request.